In the past years, faux leather has gained the interest of many women. It is an excellent alternative for those with faux leather shoes but still want their leather-like look and feel. Today’s topic is 5 ways how to stretch faux leather shoes wider.
Stretching Faux Leather Shoes Wider With 5 Methods
There are a lot of leather pieces out there that use faux leather. But sometimes, it’s challenging to fit your toes inside of them. Fortunately, here are some ways how you can stretch your faux leather shoes wider!
Method 1: Wear Your Shoes For Half-An-Hour
Wear your shoes for a half-hour to break them in. The material will bend and stretch out as you walk around wearing new faux leather shoes. The heat from your body may also help soften the faux leather so that it stretches more easily.
Put on a thick pair of socks before you step into your shoes. This will help push the shoe outwards to stretch wider as you walk around.
Walk around on soft surfaces to prevent excess strain on the material as it stretches out.
Method 2: Squeeze The Ends Of Your Shoes
Step 1: Place Your Shoe On A Table.
Step 2: Use A Shoehorn To Loosen The Opening Of Your Shoe.
Step 3: Squeeze The Ends Of Your Shoes Together.
Step 4: Wear Your Shoes With Socks
Method 3: Use Ice Cubes To Widen Your Shoes
The process is simple and easy to follow.
Step 1: Fill a plastic bag with ice cubes.
Step 2: Put the plastic bag into your shoe or boot.
Step 3: Leave the ice cubes in your shoes for about half an hour.
Step 4: Remove the shoe from your feet and repeat this process for the other shoe.
Step 5: Take out the plastic bag and empty the melted water.
Method 4: Apply A Shoe Stretcher
- Fill the shoe with water. Please place it in the freezer, leaving the shoe overnight. The water inside will expand when frozen, thus stretching the shoe’s material.
- Remove the shoe from the freezer and allow it to thaw completely. It’s best to wait around 6 hours after taking it out of the freezer before wearing it again. Repeat this process as needed until you obtain the desired width and shape.
- Wear thick socks while breaking in your shoes, especially if they’re leather. This will help stretch them further and create more room for your foot.
- If you have a wooden shoe stretcher, place it in your shoe and turn its handle until you feel a slight stretching sensation on your shoes’ upper part. This will widen and lengthen your shoes without harming them in any way.
Method 5: Rub Petroleum Jelly Inside Your Shoes
Step 1. Put on your socks, then put on the shoes.
Step 2. Please stand up and walk around in the shoes for a few minutes to warm them up.
Step 3. Remove the shoes and socks.
Step 4. Dip your fingers in petroleum jelly or foot cream, then gently rub it into the inside of the shoe at points where it pinches you.
Step 5. Please put on your socks and shoes again, then stand up and walk around in them for another few minutes to warm them up again.
Method 6: Wear Your Shoes With Thick Socks
Step 1: Put On Thick Socks. The first step is to put on some thick socks that you will also be wearing with your shoes.
Step 2: Fill Your Shoes With Sock Shapers. Now that your socks are on, you need to fill your shoes with sock shapers. These are cylindrical-shaped foam products used to help keep the shape of socks when they are not being worn. You can find them in most stores that sell socks, and they should come in a set of four or six pairs.
Step 3: Wear Your Shoes With Thick Socks And Sock Shapers. Now that you have your shoes filled with sock shapers, you will want to wear them for about an hour. Make sure that you walk around a bit so that the shoes can stretch out naturally as you take steps with them on your feet.
Wear your shoes for about an hour with thick socks and sock shapers inside them.
Common Questions About How To Stretch Faux Leather Shoes Wider
How To Stretch Vegan Leather Shoes?
Well, the only way to stretch leather shoes is to wear them. You can speed up the stretching process by sprinkling baby powder on the inside of the shoe, putting the shoes on, and walking around for a while. The baby powder will absorb the moisture from your feet and loosen up the leather.
How To Stretch Faux Leather Boots Around The Calf?
Stretch a small piece of leather around the boot. Cut the piece, but do not remove the piece. Place half of the piece back on the boot. Take the other half and spray the glue onto it. Stretch that piece around the boot until the glue dries. Both pieces will now be stuck to the boot.
How To Stretch Faux Leather Pants?
The first and most important thing to do is to make sure your pants fit you okay, to begin with. They’ll rip when you try to stretch them if they’re too small. If they’re too big, they’ll get more significant when you try to stretch them. If they fit, then give it a try.
Here’s what you’ll need:
A Rubber Band
Here’s How To Do it:
Step 1: Wash your pants
Step 2: Measure 2 inches from the bottom of the pant leg and cut.
Step 3: Fill the tub with warm water and add 1/2 cup baking soda.
Step 4: Soak the pants in the tub overnight.
Step 5: Stretch the pants while they’re wet.
Step 6: Make sure there are no wrinkles or creases.
Step 7: Let the pants dry overnight.
Step 8: Wear them with pride!
How To Stretch Faux Leather Sandals?
If you have your favorite shoes being a little tight, don’t worry, as you can easily stretch faux leather sandals at home.
Step 1: Fill a plastic bag with water and make sure that it is tightly sealed
Step 2: Insert the plastic bag into the shoes. It is essential to ensure that the bag is placed so that the entire shoe is filled.
Step 3: Place the shoes inside a freezer. The freezing water will help in stretching out the faux leather material.
Step 4: Remove the shoes from the freezer and empty the water. Wear your shoes immediately so that they can stretch out while on your feet.
How To Stretch Faux Leather Skirt?
- Fill a plastic spray bottle with water. Spray the surface of the faux leather skirt lightly. Do not soak the skirt, as this can cause water damage.
- Place iron on medium heat and allow it to warm up for several minutes.
- Place a piece of fabric between the faux leather and the iron to protect it from damage. The fabric should be at least double the size of the skirt area you are stretching and also be able to withstand high temperatures without melting or scorching.
- Press the iron down on the skirt area that is too tight while applying pressure with your hands at the same time to stretch it out. Hold in this position for approximately 30 seconds, and then move on to other sections that need stretching until you have covered all areas that need adjustment.
- Allow the faux leather skirt to cool before trying it again to test whether it fits correctly.
Concluding About How To Stretch Faux Leather Shoes Wider
I hope you will try these methods on how to stretch faux leather shoes wider. It works like a charm and is excellent for those of us with smaller feet.
If you have already tried it, please let us know how you liked it in the comments section!