Like with leather shoes, there are ways to stretch out plastic shoes to fit your feet more comfortably and securely. But because most plastic shoes don’t provide the same amount of support as leather shoes, it’s essential to take extra care to ensure that they’re stretched adequately so that you can avoid injury when wearing them.
Follow these tips to learn how to stretch plastic shoes without breaking them or weakening their structure so they last longer.
Do Plastic Shoes Stretch?
Yes, plastic shoes will stretch. The shoe’s shape itself can be maintained by using insoles and stretchers. The size of the shoe can be maintained by purchasing a shoe stretcher (This post will mention how to do that easily).
5 Ways To Stretch Plastic Shoes
People think that buying plastic shoes is a cheap alternative. They’re not. They can tear easily and break down after just a few months of usage. But, there are many ways to stretch those plastic shoes to fit your feet better.
1. Use a Hair Dryer
This is a trick to stretch your plastic shoes with a hairdryer.
- Plug in the hairdryer and turn it on to the high heat setting.
- Place the end of the dryer inside the shoe and point it at the sides and heel where you want to stretch them out. Allow the hot air to blow for about 30 seconds or until the area becomes warm.
- Push your foot into the shoe as far as possible and hold it there for several seconds. Bend and flex your toes while pressing down into the shoe with your heel and toes, stretching it out as much as possible.
- Remove your foot from the shoe and allow it to cool completely before trying it on again. If there are still places too tight, repeat steps 2 through 4 until they are stretched out enough for comfort.
2. Use a Freezer
Stretch Plastic Shoes with Freezer:
To stretch plastic shoes with a freezer, you need to follow these steps:
- Fill two sealable freezer bags about halfway with water. Place one bag inside each shoe, pushing it as far down into the toe as possible. Press down on the bags to mold them to the shape of your shoes.
- Place the shoes in a freezer set at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or colder for at least six hours, or until the water inside the bags freezes solid. If you have a frost-free freezer, place the shoes on a tray to prevent them from touching the freezer walls and freezing there.
- Remove the shoes from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature until they reach 40 degrees Fahrenheit. The plastic will warm up faster than the ice inside, causing it to stretch slightly as it contracts back toward its standard size and shape.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 as often as needed until your shoes are stretched enough for comfortable wear.
3. Use Soaking Method
If you are looking for an easy way to stretch plastic shoes, this method is for you.
Step 1: Fill a large bucket or basin with warm water. Add a few drops of a gentle dish detergent or baby shampoo to the water. You can use commercial shoe-stretching liquid instead of soapy water if you prefer.
Step 2: Submerge your plastic shoes in the bucket and leave them to soak for about 10 minutes. The leather should soften slightly and become more pliable.
Step 3: Remove the shoes from the water, shake off any excess, and put on a pair of heavy socks. Slip your feet into your plastic shoes.
Step 4: Blot the outside of the shoes with a soft towel to remove as much moisture as possible from the exterior, then fill them as complete as possible with crumpled paper towels, newspapers, or old packing peanuts.
Step 5: Place your plastic shoes into a dry area where they will be undisturbed for several hours or overnight. The drying time will vary according to your local humidity conditions and the amount of moisture in the leather.
4. Use Shoe Stretching Spray
Any shoe can be stretched by a cobbler or shoe repair shop. Shoes made of vinyl/plastic take a little bit of extra care and time to stretch.
Here is how you can stretch plastic shoes yourself with the right tools and a little patience:
- Apply Shoe Stretching Spray to the inside of your shoes
- Place thick socks on each foot and put the shoes on
- Use a hairdryer to heat your shoes from the outside (make sure not to burn yourself)
- Wear your shoes for at least two hours or longer for more significant results
- Repeat as necessary
5. Use a Ball Of Newspaper Or Some Old Clothes
Is plastic shoes always give you pain? Do they tighten your toes and cause you to suffer from corns. We have a simple solution for you. Follow these simple steps to stretch your plastic shoes:
You will need:
Ball of newspaper or some old clothes
Place a ball of newspaper or some old clothes inside each shoe. Make sure it is pushed firmly into the toe area. If you want to stretch the width of the shoe as well, put a ball in the middle as well. But if you need to stretch only length, place the ball just in front.
Put the shoes on your feet and wear them for half an hour. Please do not do any strenuous work while wearing them at that time as this may make your feet sweat even more and will not allow you to relax. After 30 minutes, take off the shoes and remove the newspaper wads. Now your shoes should feel much more comfortable than before.
How To Stretch Plastic Shoes With A Shoe Stretcher?
You can use a shoe stretcher to stretch your plastic shoes and make them more comfortable. Here’s a step by step guide on how to do that:
Things You’ll Need
Boiling Water (optional)
Spray Bottle (optional)
- Put the shoe stretcher inside the shoe and use its handle to turn the screw until it touches the tight part of the shoe.
- Keep turning till you feel some resistance. Do not apply too much force as it might damage your shoe stretcher or break your shoe.
- Leave the shoe stretcher in your shoes for about 24 hours before removing it to see if the problem has been solved. If not, repeat steps 1 and 2 until you get the desired result.
How To Stretch Plastic Shoes In The Oven?
Step 1: Place your shoes in the oven. Turn the oven to a low heat setting, such as 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the shoes in the oven for about two minutes.
Step 2: Remove your shoes and place them on your feet. Walk around in them for several minutes to allow them to cool down and conform to your feet. If you find that they are still too tight, repeat this step until they fit correctly.
Step 3: Use shoe stretchers if your shoes are still too tight after stretching them in the oven. You can purchase these at most shoe stores or online at Amazon or eBay.
Common Questions About How To Stretch Plastic Shoes
How To Stretch Clear Plastic Shoes?
When you have to wear clear plastic shoes, and they fit too tight, you can use a trick to stretch them out to fit better. First, get some canned air, which comes out of a can. Turn the precise plastic shoe inside out and spray the inside of the shoe with canned air.
Let the shoe sit like this for an hour or two. This will soften the plastic and make it easier to stretch. Stretch the shoe by taking a shoe stretcher and putting it over your heel. Put just enough pressure to keep the shoe on, but not enough to squeeze your feet.
Let the shoes sit for about two hours. Then take the shoe back off. Repeat this process until your clear plastic shoes fit how you want them.
How To Stretch Plastic Strap Shoes?
It’s easy to stretch your plastic shoes.
Just follow these steps, and you’ll be walking in comfort.
Step 1: Grab the plastic shoe by the toe and pull on the heel.
Step 2: While pulling on the heel, slide the shoe onto your foot. This will help the heel and toe stretch simultaneously.
Step 3: Once the shoe is on your foot, pull back and forth on the heel until the shoe is fitted to your foot.
Step 4: Walk around in your shoes to help the footbed conform to your foot and footbed.
Step 5: Use a shoe stretcher or a pencil eraser to stretch the toe of the shoe, if needed.
How To Stretch Plastic Boots?
Ways to stretch boots:
1. Use a blow dryer, set it on the lowest setting, and heat the bootup.
2. Put them on and lace them up as tight as you can.
3. Wear them around the house for a few hours.
4. Please put them in a bowl of hot water, but don’t let them get too hot and leave them there for a few minutes.
5. Don’t put them in the dryer, but let them air dry.
How To Stretch Out Plastic Sandals?
I don’t know about plastic sandals, but it is easy to stretch if it is a leather sandal. First, you have to get a cup of water, and then you dip the sandal into the cup of water about 3-4 times. Then let it air dry for about an hour. It is easy as that.
How To Stretch Cheer Shoes?
If you have just purchased your first pair of cheer shoes, you will need to break them in before you put them to use! There are several ways to do this. While you can wear them around the house, going on a walk is the easiest way to break them in. You can also throw them in the dryer and run them on the hottest setting for a few minutes to help them soften up.
Another option is to put them in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer. The cold temperature will make the material more pliable, making it easier to break them in. Just remember, you may want to do this in small increments to avoid damaging your shoes.
How To Stretch Clear Heels?
Stretchy shoes may be tight when you first put them on. You can stretch them with some simple home remedies if you are uncomfortable. You can stretch Clear Heels at home with a few simple household items, like rubbing alcohol and rubber bands or using the freezer.
If your shoes are too tight, try one of these to loosen them up.
Wear socks and walk around the house in your Clear Heels. The heat from your body will soften the material and allow it to stretch naturally.
Heat a hairdryer on medium heat and point it toward your shoes for two minutes. This will help expand the material.
How To Expand Plastic Shoes?
If you are looking to expand plastic shoes, there are several things that you can do. It is usually recommended that you not store shoes in plastic containers or bags. If you do not want to leave your shoes sitting out in the open, you should consider using shoe trees to help keep the shoe’s shape.
If you are going to store shoes in any other type of bag, you should consider spraying the shoes with a protective spray. This will help keep the shoes from getting damaged due to any moisture, and it will help keep the shoes in their perfect shape as well.
Concluding About How To Stretch Plastic Shoes
Wearing your shoes most days is a great way to extend their life, but if the size is too tight, you might have to get creative. Here are just some of the things you can try.