You look wonderful in heels, especially if they are high-heeled ones. The shoes can make your legs look longer and help you look much taller than your actual height. However, sometimes you may have some issues with pointed-toe heels, such as being uncomfortable to wear or hard to walk with them on, etc. That may be because the shoes are too small for you, so you need to stretch them a little before wearing them. Here we will talk about how to stretch pointed toe heels and make them fit perfectly!
How Can I Stretch Pointed Toe Heel Shoes? (4 Easy Methods)
Whether you’re in the workforce, a student, or just someone who likes to wear high heels, you have most likely encountered the problem of your shoes becoming too tight. The problem can be as simple as they were too small and uncomfortable when you bought them. However, suppose you’ve had a heel doing this for quite a while now. In that case, it’s probably because the shoe itself has gotten worn out after prolonged periods of wear. To recover and wear your favorite pair of shoes again, these 4 easy methods will allow you to stretch your pointed toe heel.
1. Heat Them Up
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put your shoes on a cookie sheet and place them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Take your shoes out of the oven, and wear them around the house until they cool down completely. Then put them on again, and wear them around for a little bit more to stretch them out even further.
2. Fill With Ice
- Fill a sandwich bag with water, and seal.
- Put the sandwich bag in your shoe and place it in the freezer.
- Remove the shoes when frozen, and let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Wear an extra pair of socks to protect your feet from the cold leather.
3. Stretch Them Out With A Shoe Stretcher
- Buy a shoe stretcher. You can find these at most department stores or order one online. Take your shoes to the store with you, if possible, and try the stretcher on your shoes before you buy them.
- Place a pair of thick socks on your feet. Thicker socks are ideal for stretching out pointed-toe shoes because they will give you more room in your shoe, giving the shoe a little more room to stretch out.
- Slip on your shoes. Make sure that they fit comfortably over your socks and don’t feel too tight
- Insert the shoe stretcher into each shoe until it’s firmly in place
- Turn the adjuster screw clockwise to begin stretching the toe area of your shoes out
- Leave the stretchers in each shoe overnight or for at least several hours
- Remove the stretchers from each shoe
4. Wear Thick Socks And Walk Around The House In Your New Shoes
- Slip on a pair of thick socks.
- Put on your shoes.
- Walk around the house and do some chores or activities you normally do around the house.
- Take off your shoes and socks after 20 minutes and notice how much more comfortable they are.
You can repeat this process as many times as necessary to make your shoes comfortable enough to wear out of the house.
Common Questions About How To Stretch Pointed Toe Heels
How To Stretch To Toe Of A Pointed High Heel?
- Heat some water (enough to cover the front of your shoe) in a kettle or pot on the stove.
- Carefully pour the hot water into a bowl.
- Put on your shoe and dip your toes into the water, keeping your ankles dry.
- Sit with your toes dipped in the water for just a couple of minutes before removing and patting dry with a towel.
How Can I Stretch The Toe Point Of My Heels?
- Start with a pair of heels you wish to stretch out.
- Fill 2 ziplock bags with water, each bag containing about 250g (1 cup) of water – enough to fill up the front part of the shoe.
- Place each bag into the toe part of the shoe and place them in the freezer overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Remove the bags once they’re frozen and allow your shoes to thaw back to room temperature naturally.
- Once your shoes have thawed out, try them on to see if they are more comfortable!
How To Stretch Toe Straps On Heels?
- First, put your shoes on, and wear them around the house for a bit.
- Once your feet have adjusted, go out and do something active—take a walk, shop, or dance. Whatever you do, make sure you’re moving.
- When you’re done, soak your feet in cold water for 10-15 minutes to help reduce swelling.
- Then repeat! Over time you’ll start to wear your strappy stilettos with ease!
How To Keep Pointy Toe Shoes From Bending?
- Take them out of the box and keep them for a few hours.
- Stuff the toe with tissue, newspaper, or cotton to keep it from bending while you wear them.
- Use a shoetree to keep an extra toe from folding under when you walk.
- Use a hairdryer on a low setting to heat the toe area and reshape it after wearing it for a while, then let it cool before slipping your feet into them again.
How To Stretch Toe Box Of Heels?
- Place the shoe you want to stretch inside a plastic bag. Avoid using a paper bag to absorb water and make your shoe wet.
- Fill two plastic bags with water and put them inside the shoes. Ensure that the water is cold so that it doesn’t expand too much and cause the shoe to break or burst out of its seams.
- Leave your shoes in the freezer for at least four hours, ideally overnight, and then remove them from the freezer when ready to wear them again. You can also leave them longer if needed! This will allow all of this ice-cold goodness to seep into every crevice of your beloved footwear collection, so they’re fully prepared for whatever life throws at them next time around (or just another day at work).
Concluding About How To Stretch Pointed Toe Heels
That’s how pointed-toe heels are made, from top to bottom. Go ahead and buy yourself a pair of your own now! You won’t regret it!