Suede shoes are usually easy to wear and make any outfit look polished and put together. However, one common problem with them is that they can be very tight in the toe area, even though the rest of the shoe fits comfortably. This often prevents people from wearing them frequently, as it’s uncomfortable to have your toes squished all day long! If you own suede heels or know someone who does, here’s how to stretch suede heels so you can wear them with ease, and your toes can finally be free!
3 Ways To Stretch Suede Heels
This article section will teach you how to stretch suede heels after being broken in. Breaking in new shoes can be painful and leave your feet feeling sore. I know from experience because all my heels have been, at one point, brand new shoes with gaping holes for my big toes.
1. Use Newspapers, Paper Towels, Or Bag Stuffers
- Place your suede shoes in the freezer overnight. As the water inside the suede material freezes and expands, it stretches out your shoe.
- Fill zip-top sandwich bags three-quarters of the way full with water. Zip each bag securely, then place them in your shoes. They should fit snugly, but you still want to be able to close the shoe around them. If the plastic bags get caught or crease up inside your shoe when you close it, you’ve used too much water.
- Remove the bags from your shoes after several hours or one day and allow your shoes to warm up to room temperature before wearing them again.
- Repeat this process over several days until you have achieved the desired results.
2. Try Ice Cubes
- Take out the insole from your shoes.
- Stuff them with plastic bags, filling up all the space inside.
- Let your suede shoes sit overnight or for at least 8 hours to dry out completely.
- Remove the plastic bags and let the shoes air-dry naturally until they are completely dry again.
- Repeat Steps 2-4 if you need more stretching, but make sure you dry it out thoroughly every time before repeating this process.
3. Blot The Area With A Damp Cloth
- Moisten a clean cloth with water.
- Blot the area on your shoes where you want to stretch them. Do not rub; apply pressure to the area.
- Wait a few minutes after applying the water, then blot again until your shoes are just damp and no longer wet or saturated.
Common Questions About How To Stretch Suede Heels
How To Stretch Suede Heels For Wide Feet?
If you have wide feet, it can be hard to find shoes that fit. Luckily, there are ways to stretch suede heels to fit your feet better and make you look like a million bucks!
- Get an old pair of tights and cut the foot off. Make sure there is no hole in them, or it won’t work!
- Put the pair of tights on your feet and then put the shoes over the top (make sure they are dry).
- Walk around in your new shoes for at least 30 minutes every day until they are comfortable enough to wear without discomfort from being too tight.
- After about a week or two, you should notice that your shoes have stretched out enough. Try on another pair of high heels with similar dimensions (i.e., width/length). They will fit properly and feel great on your feet!
How To Stretch Suede Knee High Boots?
Luckily, stretching your suede boots is as simple as putting on a pair of socks and hanging out for a few minutes. Here are the steps:
- Gather your materials: heat gun, hairdryer, or steamer (if you have one) and a blow dryer
- Put on thick wool socks and pull your boots on over the socks
- Use your hairdryer (or heat gun/steamer) to heat the tight spots for about 60 seconds each
- If you’re using a hairdryer/heat gun (not recommended), make sure it’s at least 12 inches away from the boots; don’t use it if there is any moisture on your boots or if they are wet
- Wear them around the house for an hour or two while they cool down
How To Stretch Suede Thigh High Boots?
During the winter, suede boots are a wardrobe staple. But if you have wide calves or wide feet, you might be in for a surprise when your new pair arrives. Luckily, there’s an easy way to stretch suede thigh-high boots. Just follow these steps:
- Fill a plastic bag with water and put it in the boot.
- Place the boot in your freezer overnight.
- Remove the boot from your freezer and remove the bag of ice from it.
- Allow your boot to thaw (this should take two to three hours).
- Try on your boots again to see how they fit! If they’re still too tight, repeat these steps until you’re satisfied with their fit.
How To Stretch Suede Boots At The Toe?
- Put the shoe on your foot and step on it gently.
- Pull up your toes as much as you can and repeat step 1.
- Repeat step 2 until the shoe fits snugly around your foot (this will take a little practice to get properly comfortable).
- Do a test walk in the shoe to make sure it feels right, then try putting on clothes!
Can You Stretch Out The Majorca Cut Out Suede Heel?
Yes, you can stretch out the Majorca cut-out suede heel, but you might ruin the suede. Suede is a delicate fabric, and once it is stretched out, it will not return to its original shape. The secret to stretching it out successfully is to soak it in warm water and then stretching it vertically by hand. You should also check the heel to see if it has an elastic band inside that can stretch out. If it does, you will have to replace it with one that does not have any elasticity.
Concluding About How To Stretch Suede Heels
When looking for ways to stretch suede heels, you can try this approach. This process will help elongate your shoe, helping to relieve some of that extra pressure off the toes!