Have you wondered how to stretch toe straps on sandals? You aren’t alone. I feel your pain as I’ve always struggled with my toe straps slipping when I walk in my flip-flops. If you are like me, then this guide is for you! It will tell you how to stretch your flip flop straps, but it will also teach you how to fix the general wear and tear that occurs from everyday use.
3 Methods On How To Stretch Out Sandal Straps?
Are you looking for a way to stretch out your sandal straps, or have you recently stretched out your sandal straps? Here are 3 methods you can use to fix this problem! My first pair of sandals were these old leather wedge heels. They were great, but one of the straps got tired after a month and kept breaking. I didn’t want to spend big bucks at the stores, so I decided to fix them myself.
1. Soak In Water
- Fill a large bowl with warm water, and add some mild detergent.
- Place the sandals in the water, and let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sandals from the water, and dry them using a clean towel.
- Wear them until they’re dry to stretch out the straps further.
2. Use A Blow Dryer
- Use a blow dryer to stretch out leather straps.
- Do this on the lowest setting possible, so you don’t damage the material.
- The best way to do this is to keep your foot in the sandal and blow-dry all around it, allowing the heat to soften the leather and stretch it out a little at a time.
- You’ll want to do this for about 10 minutes, or until the strap is loose enough that you can wear your sandals comfortably.
3. Wear A Pair Of Socks
- Put on a pair of socks. Wearing a sock makes it so that the sandal is snugger to your foot, which helps it stretch out.
- Put on the sandals over your socks. Make sure you wear both socks and not just one, as the idea is to make the sandals fit tighter.
- Wear the sandals for thirty minutes, three times a day, for five days in a row. As you continue to wear them, the sandals should begin to stretch out and fit better. If this method does not help stretch out your shoes, try another of these methods.
How To Stretch Toe Strap On Shoes?
Have trouble stretching out the toe strap on your shoes? We’ve got you. Here’s how!
First, grab a pair of socks and put them on.
Then, put your sandals on over the socks.
Finally, wear them around the house for an hour or two.
That’s it! If you’re still having trouble with your toe strap being too tight, try using thicker socks or this technique multiple times.
Concluding About How To Stretch Toe Straps On Sandals
Tired of your straps breaking? Follow these simple steps, and you’ll never have a broken strap again. Stretch your straps and enjoy your sandals all summer long!
I hope this guide helped you, and I wish you lots of happy and comfy wearing times in your beloved sandals! If you have any questions, please post comments.