Vinyl shoes can be comfy and pleasant to wear, but if they don’t fit properly, it will be complicated to walk around in them, let alone run or dance! This guide on how to stretch vinyl shoes will give you the basics of what materials and tools you need to do this job and some great tips and tricks that we’ve discovered from experience.
So, whether you have never stretched vinyl shoes before or just looking for new ways to do it, this guide will provide you with everything you need to know about stretching vinyl shoes like a pro!
Can You Stretch Vinyl Shoes?
Yes, you can stretch vinyl shoes. But you need to use a heat gun or hairdryer to do the job. Stretch the shoes slowly as you are bending. Be careful with the heat gun as it can scorch and ruin the shoes.
Steps On How To Stretch Vinyl Shoes?
Most people know how to stretch leather shoes and use the same method for vinyl. However, stretching vinyl is a different process. This article will show you some steps on how to stretch vinyl shoes easily.
- Check the shoes for loose stitching and seal them with a waterproofing product. You don’t want to ruin your shoes while trying to fix them.
- Wet your feet and put on the shoes. If you have socks, put those on too.
- Fill a plastic bag with water and place it on the toe of the shoe. Place another bag at the heel. If you have big enough bags, you can use one for each side of the shoe.
- Put the shoes in the freezer overnight. Water expands when frozen, so this method will stretch out your shoes more than just wearing them.
- Put warm water in a spray bottle and spray your shoes until they are wet but not soaked through to the inside liner or insole of the shoe.
- Put on your shoes and wear them around until they are dry to stretch them further out.
- If you still need more room, try adding an extra layer of socks.
Common Questions About How To Stretch Vinyl Shoes
Where Can I Get My Shoes Professionally Stretched?
You can also get your shoes stretched professionally at a shoe repair store. If the store has a stretching machine, then you may be able to sit and wait for the job to be completed. If not, you will have to leave the shoes with them for a few hours or a day.
If your shoes are leather, you should take them to an experienced shoe repair store that has been in business for many years. The older stores usually have a lot of experience working with leather. If your shoes are made of synthetic materials, you can probably take them to any shoe repair store.
How To Stretch Vinyl Boots?
- Rubber-soled boots are often made of vinyl, a material that doesn’t stretch easily. If your brand new boots are too tight or if your feet have gotten bigger, you should stretch vinyl boots before wearing them.
- Create a mixture of 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol and 1/4 cup water in a spray bottle. The solution will soften and expand the vinyl, so it stretches more easily.
- Spray the inside of the boot with the solution, then put on thick socks and slip into the boot until it’s entirely on your foot.
- Walk around in the boot for 10 minutes to loosen up the material, then take off the boot and allow it to dry overnight.
What Can I Use To Stretch My Shoes?
You can use three materials to stretch your shoes: Shoe stretchers (available in many stores). Pick a shoe stretcher that fits your shoes properly. Your shoes must fit the stretcher properly, or the process will not work correctly.
Do Vinyl Shoes Stretch?
Of course, they do. That is why you should always search for comfortable ones, to get the most out of them. But if you are the kind of guy, who goes back to his old shoes once he gets his new ones, I’m sure you won’t have a problem with that.
Concluding About How To Stretch Vinyl Shoes
It seems like many people have been looking for a way to stretch their vinyl shoes out. This guide should help you get started with that and answer a few questions you may have.
This is not the only way to stretch them, and there are many other approaches.
See what works for you, and don’t be afraid to experiment.